[WikiEN-l] Knol - Our first major scandel

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Mon Apr 27 13:31:26 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/4/27  <WJhonson at aol.com>:
> > In a message dated 4/26/2009 4:00:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> > thomas.dalton at gmail.com writes:
> >

> >> Of course, there is
> >> nothing that says you have to sue in the US.>>
> >
> > ---------------------
> >
> > When you sign up you agree to a terms of service which states that
> > Wikipedia operates under Florida law and that you agree to this.
>
> That TOS is between me and the WMF.

Isn't it odd to have a TOS between you and the WMF that the WMF didn't write
or agree to?

If an admin comes along and vandalises the TOS, does that bind the WMF and
any user that signs up between the time of the vandalism and the time of the
revert.

The TOS is editable by any admin, isn't it?  Admins aren't agents of the
WMF, are they?