[WikiEN-l] Knol - Our first major scandel

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Apr 27 08:24:07 UTC 2009

WJhonson at aol.com wrote:
> EC, you agree to the terms of service when you sign up.  If you fail to
> actually read them, you alone are at fault.
>
> You would have to show something like the contract is so confusing that no
> sensible person could understand it.  It's not the point of whether you can
> today find it, it's the point of what you agreed to *when* you first signed
> up for the project.
It's hardly helpful if those terms can't be found.  It's up to the
person claiming that there is a contract to prove that it exists, and
what were the exact terms of the contract when I first signed up in
February 2002. There also needs to be a positive act of agreement; a
simple small-print note at the bottom of a page linking to the TOS does
not meet that criterion.

Ec