[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia Art dispute pits artists against Wikimedia Foundation

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Mon Apr 27 04:52:06 UTC 2009

> > Misuse doesnt get celebrated, no matter the nobility of its motive in
> > the performance art world, by simply creating drama in its wake. Too
> > abusable if so.  (Article creation on a vandal if they manage to
> > vandalize wp enough to get media comment, anyone?)

That sounds very much like applying special standards to protect us that
nobody else gets.  An incident involving someone causing trouble somewhere
else will get an article in Wikipedia.  We don't listen to complaints that
the incident should go unreported because reporting it encourages people to
cause trouble in other sites.  Why, then, should we do this when it might
encourage people to cause trouble in Wikipedia?