[WikiEN-l] Knol - Our first major scandel

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Apr 26 23:16:29 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/26/2009 4:00:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
thomas.dalton at gmail.com writes:

> Of course, there is
> nothing that says you have to sue in the US.>>

When you sign up you agree to a terms of service which states that
Wikipedia operates under Florida law and that you agree to this.

You would first have to prove to any other judge, that either you didn't
understand this, or that it's not material to the case.

Many companies do this same thing, I mean have you agree to a contract
which states under what jurisdiction you agree to abide.  The question is, has
anyone successfully shown that such an agreement is arbitrary, capricious and
irrelevant?

Will Johnson