[WikiEN-l] Knol - Our first major scandel

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sat Apr 25 17:37:29 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/25/2009 10:20:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
thomas.dalton at gmail.com writes:

> The WMF doesn't own those articles, so I'm not sure they can really do
> anything about it. The actual authors need to complain.>>

-----------------
Presents an interesting problem doesn't it?
*Who* actually has standing?
I contributed 12 words to the Henry the VIII article.  Is that enough to
give me standing?  And would any of the minor authors care?

In the long run, it my opinion, that no one is actually going to care how
the content is used with or without the license, enough, to actually hire a
lawyer.  Of course someone could *mention* to those who take the content that
they should really post a back-link and a license notation at least.  I've
done that in a few cases.

Will