[WikiEN-l] A morsel of substance, a truckload of nonsense

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 23 10:37:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Michel Vuijlsteke <wikipedia at zog.org> wrote:
> 2009/4/23 <WJhonson at aol.com>
>
>> The Domesday holdings are not significant to his biography.
>> We are not trying to build a land holdings database, we are writing
>> biographies.
>>

> We are writing a comprehensive written compendium that holds information
> from either all branches of knowledge or a particular branch of knowledge.
> We are not writing a comprehensive written compendium of biographies.

Uh...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Biography

Biography writing is certainly one way of writing articles about people.

There was a template to do biography-by-the-numbers, but it might have
got deleted. Several WikiProjects do have "fill in the blanks" article
templates. They tend to do more harm than good, IMO.

Carcharoth