[WikiEN-l] A morsel of substance, a truckload of nonsense

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Apr 23 10:30:19 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/23/2009 3:23:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
wikipedia at zog.org writes:

"Undue  weight" is not an issue either. The article is not asserting that
the
"nonsense" is more important than anything else in the man's life. It  is
what it is: a reference list.>>

Our article on Undue Weight is not trying to address "importance"  exactly.
 It is trying to address the presentation of a balanced view, a  balanced
content, a balanced perspective.

Balance is not about what is more important.
We would like to present biographies that mimic in some way, what the world
 expects when it hears the word "biography".  If I write a biography of
Henry Fonda, that has three pages of "biographical details and stories" and 16
 pages of a list of all the clothes hanging in his closet the day he died,
I  would be stoned by a mob.

Anyone who doesn't see that, has probably never worked as a  biographer.

Will Johnson

**************Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219799634x1201361008/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
eclick.net%2Fclk%3B214133440%3B36002254%3Bj)