[WikiEN-l] A morsel of substance, a truckload of nonsense

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 23 10:20:20 UTC 2009

WJhonson at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 4/23/2009 1:34:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com writes:
>
>     Sorry, you hold what qualification in medieval history to make this
>     comment?  What do you think the so-called "feudal system" was
>     about if
>     not the holding of land, which made up most of the economy of Europe
>     from say 600 to at least 1600? >>
>
> --------------------
>
> Not the point.
> This article is not about the feudal system, not about an example of a
> person with a hundred plots of land.  It's about one person, their
> life.  Not their land holdings.
>
> By the way.  I didn't "target a constructive editor".  I did not look,
> and don't make it a habit to look at *who* edited an article.  It's a
> waste of time.  The article is the thing, not the people behind it.
>
> This article is poor.  Whether it's a good example of the feudal
> system or not (and it's not) isn't relevant to whether it's a good
> example of a stubby biography (which it's not).

You cut the comment where you claimed the land holdings were
insignificant: "his Domesday holdings which are completely insignificant
historically,

They weren't.

How is writing "This article is painful ... I can't believe someone did
this" not targetting a good-faith editor adding verifiable, factual and
relevant information to Wikipedia?

You go back in my killfile.

Charles