[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Foundation-l] Board statement regarding biographies of l...

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 08:53:06 UTC 2009

2009/4/23  <WJhonson at aol.com>:

> I disagree that "Right" and "Wrong" have any meaning in a biographical
> article.
> Rather terms such as "has no evidence", "is cited to this source" would
> have meaning.
> Right and Wrong are such fluid creatures that we actually have courtrooms
> where they are debated all day and still have no justice ;)

I think they do have meaning on an objective factual level. e.g. If
the NYT gets a birthdate wrong and this error is perpetuated, that
doesn't make it right however well cited it is.

But that's a detail, not the point. Is there a formulation of what I
said (the necessity of immediatism, the lack of the luxury of
eventualism) that you'd agree with?

- d.