[WikiEN-l] Citizendium vs. Wikipedia

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 22:23:48 UTC 2009

2009/4/22 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:
> 2009/4/22 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
>> 2009/4/22  <WJhonson at aol.com>:
>>
>>> Is there a list of the top100 most popular Wikipedia pages?
>>

>> http://stats.grok.se/
>>

> http://wikistics.falsikon.de/2009/wikipedia/en/
> http://wikistics.falsikon.de/latest/wikipedia/en/
>
> Are more up to date. And no I can't explain why the article on the
> Beatles is as popular as it is. It should be popular yes but not that
> popular. Wounder if it is being used by something to check to see if
> it can access the net.

Well, something happened on 21 November 2008

http://stats.grok.se/en/200811/The_Beatles

Any guesses? Something checking a net connection is possible, but
personally I use google.com for that, and so do most people I've
looked over the shoulder of. That or bbc.co.uk. Why would someone use
the Wikipedia article on The Beatles?