[WikiEN-l] Citizendium vs. Wikipedia

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 22 17:19:22 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Sam Korn <smoddy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> To be fair, I don't know how long it took Wikipedia to have an article
>> for every country in the world - that would be an interesting question
>> for someone to answer at some point - a standard list of countries
>> with the date on which their Wikipedia articles were created (and a
>> study of how the articles have increased in size since creation):
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states
>
> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/User:Sam_Korn/countries
>
> A list generated from that page -- it's not perfect, but it's pretty
> good.  The change in size is rather more difficult to study ;-)

Thanks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%C3%85land_Islands&oldid=726060

Aland Islands is actually March 2003 - problem with redirects there.

So it looks like all that low-hanging fruit went by 2002, with the
outliers by 2004. A bit slower than I'd thought, really. Though
Denmark is earlier than the date on your list.

Not sure what is going on there.

Carcharoth