[WikiEN-l] Professor Kitzel

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Fri Apr 17 10:55:10 UTC 2009

Subject-Was: "Professor Wikipedia"

"Jay Litwyn" <brewhaha at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> wrote in message
news:gs9gul$l08$1 at ger.gmane.org...
>I was just indicating that video is a bit boring in [[professor kitzel]],
>because only the professor is animated, and that is a necessity in distant
>history--a lot of stills on paintings while a historian reads. They
>*should* be remixed with classical music on one side while the historian
>reads on the other. I am too busy with my own stuff to do it.

Okay, so someone opened this thread on a tangential subject, and I am the
sole contributor in a short howto on remakes. The neat way to do it would be
to beep the slide changes, so that anyone caught imagining what the reader
is saying...sees changes in illustration. Then, to do it very
professionally, get a live orchestra, so that choosing pieces for timing
with the slides and the total length of presentation is child's play. To me
it would not be anything like that. Some disc jockeys at the CBC might be
able to do a good job.

The crude way to do it would be just to turn the radio onto a classical
station on your left, while the TV's balance is way over on the right --
forget about any correlation between music and story. Do not be surprised or
upset if children fall asleep and make up their own version of the story. I
*like* this crude way. The professor's theme song might actually be a good
way to wake kids up. "Lohruh, Regruntled", has about the same beat as that
theme song.

The elaborate way to do it would be to get artists to animate things
throughout, and that would probably end up in a complete remake -- total
other animal that does not demand imajination.
_______
http://playscreen.com/SherLok