[WikiEN-l] Lies, damned lies, and statistics

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 06:41:58 UTC 2009

He hasn't been complaining about the presentation of the issue in the
encyclopedia, but about the stances and conduct of individuals (as he views
it) outside the editorial realm.

The reason many here are dismissive is not that these claims are or aren't
without merit, but that they are irrelevant to the aim or the project, which
is not to resolve who gets how much glory or criticism, but to write neutral
encyclopedic content pages in a collaborative manner and leave other issues
outside the door - a goal which renders the entire issue largely pointless
to many experienced editors, unless some actual mis-balancing of an actual
encyclopedia article is in the frame.

FT2