[WikiEN-l] Lies, damned lies, and statistics

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 00:50:24 UTC 2009

2009/4/16 Durova <nadezhda.durova at gmail.com>:
> 1. Is Citizendium a snapshot of what Wikipedia's growth would have been, if
> Larry Sanger had remained with the project?

No. Wikipedia changes the online landscape for that to be the case.

> 2. Will Citizendium become a top 1000 website within the next five years?

I wouldn't expect it to but if it finds a market wikipedia has missed it might.

> 3. Is debate about Sanger's and Wales's respective cofounder/founder claims
> regarding Wikipedia a worthwhile endeavor?

In some respects. The problem is the community has effectively already
settled the issues as can be seen by the content of the relevant
articles. Larry's other targets appear to be jimbo, the board and the
media. This list has only a very limited impact on all three.

--
geni