[WikiEN-l] An open letter to Jimmy Wales

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 14 11:08:24 UTC 2009

I know it will only be a small satisfaction, but I wanted to mention
that in the French speaking user guide book I recently co-wrote with
Guillaume Paumier, you are recognised as a co-founder. There is even a
paragraph clearly mentionning you.

I invite you to check: http://fr.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikipedia, and in
particular
http://fr.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikipédia/Découvrir_Wikipédia/Explorer_l%27histoire

If you are generous, you may even buy it (book available on Amazon for
example :-)).
See references here: http://www.pug.fr/titre.asp?Num=1072

As for the other points...
I have had enough opportunities to see that what the public/journalists
say and believe is frequently highly different from the reality and I
fear we all have to live with this. For many, Jimmy is still the one
doing all the work at the Wikimedia Foundation, and sometimes even the
one approving any article before publishing. LOL. People need icons to
focus on, and Jimbo is a better icon than most of us. Live with it.

Ant