[WikiEN-l] An open letter to Jimmy Wales

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sun Apr 12 18:38:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:

> Pot meet kettle.
> http://en.citizendium.org/wiki?title=Talk%3AHomeopathy%2FDraft&diff=100448194&oldid=100448185

A lot of people have the sort of double standard I discussed in my
WP:SAUCE essay:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sauce_for_the_goose_is_(not)_sa
uce_for_the_gander

You guys are right, and you're wrong.  Sanger seems to be factually
correct in his assertion of co-foundership given that Jimbo himself
put matters that way until inexplicably changing his mind later.
However, when he insists on a "right" to state his point here, he
starts sounding like various crackpots who insist on their "right" to
rant everywhere they want to, even on private property.  On the other
hand, it isn't very healthy for this project to take an attitude of
"if you can't argue logically against that guy's point, just call him
a troll and ban him!"  A wide degree of free speech in meta-
discussion is in keeping with the aims of the project, which is the
point I made (or dead horse I kept beating...) during the BADSITES
wars.

--
== Dan ==