[WikiEN-l] An open letter to Jimmy Wales

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Apr 11 01:45:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Larry Sanger
<sanger-lists at citizendium.org>wrote:

> Moreover, I assert that it is my right to raise hell not only on this list,
> but also on Jimmy Wales' user talk page--if this is really an open,
> transparent, democratic project devoted to free speech.

It isn't, and you don't.  I find this part of your argument the strangest.
You require approval and a 50 word-biography in order for someone to post on
your talk page at Citizendium.  The ability to use a user talk page is
clearly a privilege which can be granted or can be taken away.

> If you don't like my message, that's fine, but do not try to deny my right
> to get it out there.

Your right to get your message out there stops at the point where you try to
use someone else's website to do so.