[WikiEN-l] Citizendium

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Apr 11 01:19:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 2:43 PM, <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 4/10/2009 6:03:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> wikimail at inbox.org writes:
>
> So don't join.>>
>
> That's exactly my point isn't it?

If you say it is, then I guess it is.

But not everyone is unwilling to write 50 words about themselves in order to
join Citizendium.  I did it (http://tinyurl.com/cjo5hc), though I no longer
contribute due to other concerns (the main concern being one that Wikipedia
will soon be no better with regard to - lack of respect for copyright).

By the way, to answer your question "what's the point of that", the point is
to create a project where people contribute under their real names and
identities.

How many in-bound links are there to Citizendium?
> How many in-bound links are there to IMDb?
> IMDb now allows *any* member of the public to create synopsis.
> Brittanica now allows any member of the public to edit (under moderation),
> just like we're proposing for the project.
> If you're a good writer, people will read your material, and your edits
> will be approved.

Some people have goals other than to have their material read by as many
people as possible.  Some, for instance, would prefer that their works not
be edited mercilessly by any anonymous moron who comes along.