[WikiEN-l] AFD has gone to a 7 day cycle

doc doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 11 02:03:15 UTC 2009

Risker wrote:
> Oh, and discussion closed by someone who participated.  Just as an aside.
>
> Risker

It is really about time that Wikipedia regulated the means by which
policy changes are made.

Personally, I've long been in favour of a policy making body. However, I
understand many people prefer the "consensus model".

But even if we stick to the consensus model, we perhaps should have a
regularised means for closing the discussion and ruling where consensus
lies. When we have an afd, an uninvolved admin closes. When the
community considers adminship, a crat calls consensus.

Is there a need for the selection of a group of trusted users who can be
called upon to to declare (after discussion) when a policy change has
consensus has been made?

Perhaps we should have [[Wikipedia:Requests for policy change]], where
an uninvolved crat or arb, or new class of user, closes the debate.