[WikiEN-l] An open letter to Jimmy Wales

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Sat Apr 11 00:27:00 UTC 2009

> Moreover, I assert that it is my right to raise hell not only on this
> list,
> but also on Jimmy Wales' user talk page--if this is really an open,
> transparent, democratic project devoted to free speech.  If he wants to
> take
> responsibility, as he does, as sole founder of the project, to represent
> himself that way to the world, and in other respects speak on behalf of
> the
> project--which he does, whether you like it or not--then he ought to be
> held
> to a higher standard than most.
>
> If you don't like my message, that's fine, but do not try to deny my
> right
> to get it out there.
>
> --Larry

Larry,

You know better than that. In any event you've raised your hell and
gotten your answer, both from Jimmy Wales and the Wikipedia community.
There has to be an end to any fuss. This list is for discussion of the
English Wikipedia. Given Jimmy Wales's reluctance to engage you and the
rejection by the community in general of your assertions, it is time to
drop those issues with respect to this list.

"Never wrestle with a pig: You both get all dirty, and the pig likes it."
And I'm NOT talking about YOU liking it.

Fred Bauder