[WikiEN-l] Gerbils and NPA (Was: Re: An open letter to Jimmy Wales)

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 22:58:50 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 3:42 PM, doc <doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> George Herbert wrote:
> > That's not what wikien-l is for.
> >

> So, to raise a more important point, which should be more pertinent to
> the purpose of this list, and of more immediate concern to Wikipedia's
> integrity.
>
> I thought I should alert the august and serious readers of this list, to
> the fact that we now have a "Requests for Comment" on the pressing
> question of whether or not we should include Richard Gere's rumoured
> altercation with a Gerbil in his biography.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Richard_Gere#Gerbil
>
> I mean, why discuss founders and co-founders when we have other Serius
> Bizniz on the wiki?

Can someone who is not me go there and politely and nonspecifically remind
everyone that AGF and NPA are important, that the community expects editors
to discuss disagreements in a polite and constructive manner, and not resort
to insults or abuse?

My cold and grumpyness reading the stuff there makes me think that I
shouldn't try and leave such a message at the moment, but someone should..

Thanks.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com