[WikiEN-l] An open letter to Jimmy Wales

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 22:22:53 UTC 2009

2009/4/10 Larry Sanger <sanger-lists at citizendium.org>:

> Moreover, I assert that it is my right to raise hell not only on this list,
> but also on Jimmy Wales' user talk page--if this is really an open,
> transparent, democratic project devoted to free speech.

It isn't the last two of those things. You need to reread "What
Wikiipedia Is Not":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:NOT

This list is not a free ranting green ink zone. It's a working list
for the project itself. In practice it's stuff of interest to those
working on the project; those people here have pretty clearly said
"thanks Larry, we get your point, it's still irrelevant."

> If you don't like my message, that's fine, but do not try to deny my right
> to get it out there.

You've gotten it to here. Thanks, message received.

- d.