[WikiEN-l] Green Ink Day (stick to Alan Cabal)

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Apr 10 00:50:32 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/9/2009 12:30:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
billdeancarter at yahoo.com writes:

Please  ignore this Green Ink Day nonsense, and address the Alan Cabal
article that  has been expunged from Wikipedia's mainspace to its userspace for
unjust  reasons:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MichaelQSchmidt/sandbox_The_unloved_article>>

--------------------
I read through the comments at the AfD.  I also seperately looked for
something about Alan Cabal.  The comments at AfD were interesting.   I'd never
really thought about the issue of whether a trivial google search for
someone who is an actual journalist/writer would be top-heavy on their own
writings.

If a person is solely known through their own writings, or if other
mentions of them are trivial, I'd have to side with the deletors.  When I  look
for Barbara Walters, I find lots of references to her, not writen by  her.  It
does make sense that journalists/writers would have many  incidential
mentions, and lots of detailed mentions by them.  The problem  is finding
detailed mentions about them... but not by them.

That's the issue with Alan Cabel isn't it?
Has that issue been adequately addressed?
Keeping in mind that most websites cannot be used as [[WP:RS]] because
either they are personal sites masquerading as corporate sites, or they have
little to no editorial oversight.

Will Johnson

**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make dinner for $10
or less. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000001)