[WikiEN-l] An open letter to Jimmy Wales

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Thu Apr 9 21:16:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009, Sam Korn wrote:
> Your concerns seem to be that Jimmy is not acknowledging your role and
> status as you'd like, and that the community and the Board are silent
> in the face of Jimmy's doing this.  For my part, this silence may be
> attributed to insouciance -- I care little for the minutiae of history
> now eight years old and for your personal (yes, personal) dispute with
> Jimmy.
>
> Perhaps you can explain what the world at large, the Wikipedia
> community and I personally gain from publicly pursuing it.

If he is telling the truth it seems like a perfectly legitimate request.
Wikipedia obviously cares about the issue enough to have Wikipedia articles
covering the subject and put out press releases mentioning it.  If so, then
Wikipedia should care enough to get those correct.

In other words, if you care enough to get it wrong, you should be expected
to care enough to get it right.