[WikiEN-l] An open letter to Jimmy Wales

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 20:59:24 UTC 2009

2009/4/9 Larry Sanger <sanger-lists at citizendium.org>:
> The reputation of Wikipedia as an endless source of scandal and dishonesty,

Nah. Sure journalists have worked out that an attack on wikipedia will
get them some viewer ship but these days the attacks tend towards
outdated recycled stuff or "I don't like it". Fresh scandals not so
much.

> coupled with this open letter, in which I decided to use whatever weight my
> views have in the "court of public opinion" to confront the project's
> leading light.  Deny it if you must, but you have a problem on your hands.

We have many many problems. From the POV of the community Jimbo's
actions with regards to the founder issue probably ranks somewhere
below the fight over the "Country X country Y relations" articles.

> That's only part of it, and not the biggest part.  My biggest complaint is
> that Jimmy has lied about me, and a lot of people have believed him.  I am
> determined finally to hold Jimmy Wales to account for it.

What does this have to do with the foundation or the community?

> Well, Sam, if the honesty or dishonesty of your leader and chief spokesman
> does not concern you, if you don't care that he has used his position to
> distort the truth for personal gain, I doubt there is anything I can say
> that will convince you.

Jimbo is not the leader (sue might have a better claim to that but
hard to tell) and I think chief spokesbeing is probably jay.

--
geni