[WikiEN-l] An open letter to Jimmy Wales

Sam Korn smoddy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 17:21:41 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 6:15 PM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/4/9 Sam Korn <smoddy at gmail.com>:
>> Perhaps you can explain what the world at large, the Wikipedia
>> community and I personally gain from publicly pursuing it.
>
> It has in the past caused problems with our [[Wikipedia]] article and
> Jimbo's past attempts to distort the record did cause unnecessary
> conflict within wikipedia.

"Sanger and most media sources consider Wales and Sanger
co-founders.[cite][cite][cite] Wales disputes it, saying that,
although Sanger played a vital part in the formation of Wikipedia and
his role is regularly underestimated, Wales alone should be considered
the founder.</cite>"

Or something like that.

--
Sam