[WikiEN-l] An open letter to Jimmy Wales

Tris Thomas Tris at waterhay.co.uk
Thu Apr 9 15:26:42 UTC 2009

Can this just not stop?  From what I can see, Larry worked for Jimmy at
Bomis.  Together they worked on Wikipedia, but with Larry coming up with
the idea & being the main driving force behind it to start with.  But he
was an employee of Bomis.  Everyone knows that you once described each
other as co-founders & therefore, if that's what Jimmy described you as
back then, that's what you are.  He could just as easily have described
you as an employee of the finder & would be entitled to as you were the
employee & he can take the credit.

Why the continuous childish bickering-everyone knows what happened & it
makes absolutely no difference now.

Please just get over it, it's damaging Wikipedia itself, which I don't
think Larry wants to do, & just seems so pointless.

That's my ten cents!