[WikiEN-l] Saying no to new unreferenced BLPs

doc doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 2 12:01:33 UTC 2009

I did read what you said, and it is bad enough.

The notion that "anyone [with xn edits] can review", and no admin can
revoke, makes the right less scrutinised that rollback - that has the
effect of making the quality control utterly useless.

That someone has xn edits only means that they have not (yet) behaved in
a manner to get blocked. It in no sense is equal to clue,
perceptiveness, or diligence.

The problem with widespread flagging is that in order to prevent
backlogs, you will be under pressure to maximise the reviewers, and give
the reviewers incentives to rack up numerous reviews per minute. That is
   inconsistent with useful scrutiny.