[WikiEN-l] BLPs: Wikipedia entry nearly scuppers rugby player's career

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Sep 30 21:18:07 UTC 2008

In a message dated 9/30/2008 2:11:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
arromdee at rahul.net writes:

I'd read  "it's all behind me now" as "the material that is mentioned is no
longer  important", which is implicitly an accusation of undue  weight.>>

I don't read it that way.  Not even that he is making the accusation,  let
alone that it is substantive.
"It's all behind me" could just as well mean "it is and was an important
part of my life at one time, it no longer is."  But biographies are not  about
what the subject themselves considers important.  They are about what  the
general reading public would so consider.

Will Johnson