[WikiEN-l] BLPs: Wikipedia entry nearly scuppers rugby player's career

Philip Sandifer snowspinner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 21:11:06 UTC 2008

On Sep 30, 2008, at 5:08 PM, Marc Riddell wrote:

> There is not such thing as an "exceptional alcoholic" - a person
> either is,
> or they are not. It's like calling someone an "exceptional diabetic".

The comment was meant in sarcasm. He's a noted, skilled professional
rugby player - something a comparative handful of people in the world
can claim. He's also an alcoholic. One of these is clearly the more
exceptional, notable, and worth talking about facts. That we provide
equal weight to both is absurd.

-Phil