[WikiEN-l] XKCD in Popular Culture

Elias Friedman elipongo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 13:39:53 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/9/25 Elias Friedman <elipongo at gmail.com>:
>
> > Someone should probably drop him a line about getting OTRS tickets for
> > "Agitador wikipedista" and "philosophy".
>
> Why? The former doesn't need his authorisation if it's a derivative of
> his work, so long as we're clear the original was freely licensed; the
> latter, well, we seem to have accepted the correlation between RM and
> the original uploader, so an OTRS permission would be excessive.

I'll take your word for it about the derivative work as I'm no copyright
expert by any means, more of a belt and suspenders type if I can help it. As
for "Philosophy", though, the original uploader was actually Remember the
dot. <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Remember_the_dot>

Anyways, I'm busy getting some good sources for his biography. There's
several out there, just need to work them into the article (and do some
clean up there too, I can see).

Cheers!

--
Elias Friedman A.S., EMT-P