[WikiEN-l] Featured article - "Mom and Dad"

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 17:30:14 UTC 2008

2008/9/24 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:
>> We're never going to catch up! (A bad thing because not all FAs will
>> be main page featured; a good thing because there are so many more
>> FAs.)
>
> We could start featuring two articles a day. One from a traditional
> encyclopaedic topic and one from a pop-culture topic, perhaps.

That's a false division of content. Wikipedia merely has more space
for pop-culture topics than traditional paper encyclopedias. Anyway,
pop culture on Wikipedia is one of our greatest assets - it attracts a
lot of new users who would not otherwise read encyclopedia articles.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)