[WikiEN-l] Why Google's online encyclopedia will never be as good as Wiki...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Sep 23 05:38:43 UTC 2008

How do you have a "mob" and then say "it's nice" ?
By the way Ayn didn't necessarily believe that a "committe" was nice.   A mob
can be a committee as well.  The underlying point is that only  individuals
can create true works of beauty.  That to her mind, a  collective can never
create a work of beauty.  They can however, evidently,  create a "society" *in
which* artists are free to express their works.  But  it's not the specific
works that she would like created collectively, only the  environment in which
those works could be created by invidivuals.

That's my viewpoint of her viewpoint.

In a message dated 9/22/2008 10:34:02 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,