[WikiEN-l] More POV-pushing nutters

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Sep 8 00:31:12 UTC 2008

The initial post stated that we need to respect Wikipedia's rules in our
outside dealings.
My response was basically "No we don't"

Your response doesn't address that, it shows where someone has posted
silliness to try to avoid real-world repercussions for in-wiki bitchiness.   But the
point is always the same.  If you're an ass expect to get  bitch-slapped :)
That goes for both sides.

Wikipedia cannot police everything that goes on in the real worth.   And we
shouldn't be trying to.  That's the point of my response.

The Isreal/Palestine conflict has been going on for a lot longer than
Wikipedia has existed.  We are not going to be able to solve it in-wiki,  and no
matter what rules we have or haven't, it isnt' going to go away by  policy.

In a message dated 9/7/2008 4:47:57 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
cdhowie at gmail.com writes:

On Sun,  Sep 7, 2008 at 7:33 PM,  <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:
>  Wikipedia's rules do not reach outside Wikipedia.
> What we all do  outside Wikipedia has no bearing on what we do  inside.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:NPA#Off-wiki_attacks>

Seems  pretty clear to me.