[WikiEN-l] vocabulary

Fayssal F. szvest at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 22:17:39 UTC 2008

I've always believed that "mécénat" is patronage. But if you want to use it
in a modern and financial context then sponsorship is the most appropriate
term.

Yes, "philanthropic activity" fit both the concept for an organization AND a
unique person. You got individual (i.e. Florence Kelley) and the most
common corporate or private philanthropic activities.

P.S. both Florence Kelly, philanthropy and patronage are mentioned in the
same page here<http://books.google.com/books?id=JG3ceLmdnbgC&pg=PA98&lpg=PA98&dq=Kelley,+Florence+philanthropy&source=web&ots=Al-nHNV3uJ&sig=xNZVTfH5XXnZHpI_Z7hpsoo6oXM&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=8&ct=result>:)

Fayssal F.