[WikiEN-l] How's our coverage of medications?

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 19:32:06 UTC 2008

2009/11/29 Jay Litwyn <brewhaha at edmc.net>:
> Manufacturing section?...that's {{howto}} or [wikiversity], isn't it? If
> innocuous things like How to Clean a Fish Tank aren't here...

The history of the various methods of manufacturing certain chemicals
is rather interesting. It is fairly easy to include such information
in an encyclopedic form and not as a how to. For example "TNT can be
prepared by refluxing toluene with concentrated sulphuric and nitric
acid". The fact that disassembling the glassware risks setting the
resulting mess of TNT and DNT off and killing you is a side detail.

--
geni