[WikiEN-l] Make your students edit Wikipedia for extra credit

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 16:41:39 UTC 2008

2008/11/26 Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com>:

> If our response to coordinated student editing is dismissive or punitive,
> and it often is, then we should not be encouraging educators to assign it to
> their students.

It depends on the quality of the assignment they give. I liked this
one because it was "You have to make an actual good addition, no
foolin'." We've had other student editing projects that have resulted
in fantastically good new material. YMMV, but I certainly wouldn't
regard it as an intrinsically bad idea.

- d.