[WikiEN-l] Date linking a done deal!?!

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at edmc.net
Thu Nov 13 11:09:07 UTC 2008

I mean that some publications hav a feature about what happened on this day
in 1986, etc. If the date on an article is a link to some page that is
robotic, then maybe it could read something like a concordance -- one
sentence from every article containing that date, click on a button to get
article titles. I only followed a date link once, and some interesting
things were there, so I can't say I know much about what can be done with
date links. So, I guess my question is...does every editor want their dates
automatically linked? Maybe it should be a user preferences option. Will you
ever follow date links? Hide date links?