[WikiEN-l] NYT: Updating a Reference Site on the Fly

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 15:55:57 UTC 2008

2008/11/10 Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com>:

> I particularly liked the point where it compared the number of hits on news
> sites to the number of hits on Wikipedia.

I ran some more detailed statistics on this at the weekend,
incidentally - I'll try and post them tonight. Long post, though...

Obama's article was getting about 50% more hits than McCain's, with
Palin somewhere in the middle of the two (!). Interestingly, there was
a *proportionally* higher hitrate on Obama's policies article than
there was on McCains (though both were getting pleasingly high rates
for daughter articles)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk