[WikiEN-l] Fundraising Banner

Gordon Joly gordon.joly at pobox.com
Thu Nov 6 16:18:05 UTC 2008

At 23:22 +0000 5/11/08, Thomas Dalton wrote:
>2008/11/5 Giacomo M-Z <solebaciato at googlemail.com>:
>>  obviously has money to spare - what more point would you like?
>
>1) That was 2 years ago, what relevance does it have now?
>2) We use Freenode a lot, it makes sense to support them. It wasn't
>just giving money away randomly because they had more than they knew
>what to do with.

My guess is that some people who might donate in the future would not
donate (at all) unless they felt that their money would go to the
Foundation only. It is a given that the Foundation donated 5,000 USD
to a third party, and hence might choose to repeat that donation or a
similar donation in the future.

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////