[WikiEN-l] Donation banner in edit window

Sam Korn smoddy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 16:18:52 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Philip Sandifer <snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 5, 2008, at 10:34 AM, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
>
>>  (and then disable
>> absolute html positioning in Wikitext, as it's mostly used for
>> vandalism and creating confusing traps for users)
>
> Come now. It also has popular and enduring use for Myspaceification of
> user pages in ways that cause various pretty pictures to appear in
> positions that block the GFDL link.

Ugh, yes.  Getting rid of that can only be a good thing, not least for
the violence it does to a page viewed under anything other than the
default skin.  What we really need to go alongside disabling absolute
CSS positioning is a software-level way of detecting and announcing
the protection level (etc) of a page.

--
Sam
PGP public key: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Sam_Korn/public_key