[WikiEN-l] Donation banner in edit window

Al Tally majorly.wiki at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 5 13:26:14 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Elias Friedman <elipongo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 4:24 AM, Al Tally <majorly.wiki at googlemail.com
> >wrote:
>

> > Banner doesn't actually hide when hide is clicked, just goes slightly
> > smaller. It needs to be hidden completely when you click hide - otherwise
> > it's not really hiding it.
> >
> > --
> > Alex
> > (User:Majorly)
>

> Don't know if you've gotten to that part of the thread, but a gadget has
> been added to preferences to get rid of it completely.
> Two points about this though:
>
> One: Not only is unfair to unregistered users to have it not be possible
> for
> them to hide the huge thing all the way, just how many of the registered
> users are going to know to go to their gadgets? This list and other forums
> only reach so many...
>
> Two: There *still* isn't a way to set up a regular monthly donation which
> would be my own preference.

Yes, I got there. I shouldn't have to disable it though. What about people
who don't read this list? What about anons who are regular donators? Why
should they have to suffer this large banner at the top of every page? Anons
don't have gadgets anyway. I preferred it the way it was last time round,
less obstructive.

--
Alex
(User:Majorly)