[WikiEN-l] Donation banner in edit window

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Nov 5 05:56:41 UTC 2008

2008/11/4 Delirium <delirium at hackish.org>:
> So we'll "only" have to put up with a banner with a distracting
> solid-blood-red blob at the top of pages, which doesn't even go away
> when you hit "hide", for 2 1/2 months?

Oh please. You've been around long enough to know that these things
are always an ongoing, iterative development. We already have a gadget
on en.wp to turn it off completely through user prefs, and we'll
probably do other things like having a smaller collapsed notice for
logged in users. (Note we didn't have any collapsability for logged
out users last year.)

I'm sure there will be lots of layout issues to debug as well. All
help is appreciated.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation