[WikiEN-l] Worst. Survey. Ever.

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Tue Nov 4 12:22:05 UTC 2008

Michael Bimmler
> To answer K. Peachey's question: Yes, obviously "currency shorthand"
> or whatever would have been better (did the survey really just say
> "ISO currency code"? I'm too lazy to check but this would really be a
> usability mistake...)

Or it could have just said "currency" (which is probably what it
did say) but present to the user a drop-down list of the *names*
of the currencies to select from, taken, perhaps, from the fourth
column of the table at [[ISO 4217]].

(But the image at the top of that page suggests another way
that even an American might find a currency code in common use.
I think I've seen "USD" on airline tickets, too.)