[WikiEN-l] Worst. Survey. Ever.

Andrew Cates Andrew at soschildren.org
Tue Nov 4 06:51:15 UTC 2008

>> Come on, every bank statement of yours will tell you the ISO code of
>> the currency your account is in, you will probably find it on every
>> magazine that you read and so on and so on. Please don't tell me that
>> this is such an academic thing...

This is completely untrue in England too. I have two bank accounts
with two different large high street banks and have just spent five
minutes looking at statements from them both. There is definitely no
ISO code. I have also tried two newspapers, a utility bill, half a
dozen invoices and I am none the wiser. If I was given an hour to find
it offline I think I would fail (and I still have no clue what it is).
I guess Google or Wikipedia would work but I have never heard of an
ISO code for currency even though I have traveled to 48 countries etc
etc...