[WikiEN-l] Worst. Survey. Ever.

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Sat Nov 1 20:06:25 UTC 2008

Erik Moeller wrote:
> Sure, virtually every multiple choice question could have benefited
> from additional choices, but that's always going to be the case -- you
> can either try to process thousands of write-ins, or live with the
> fact that some reasons will not be represented.

Although true, most of the complaints seem to be about one or two
omissions on particular questions. The ones that have come up most often
on the English Wikipedia are:

1. The question about how you use talk pages is missing something like
"to discuss how to improve the article", which is actually what I
thought their main reason for existing was. =]

2. The question about why you don't donate to the Wikimedia Foundation
is lacking the standard "I prioritize giving to other charities more
highly" answer, which ends up making it seem like a vaguely accusatory
question (i.e. if you don't donate, it must be because you're either
poor, or dislike Wikimedia).

I thought most of the rest was reasonable.

-Mark