[WikiEN-l] Who do you go to?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu May 29 19:32:48 UTC 2008

White Cat wrote:
> When you have an issue you cannot solve who do you go to? DR process isn't
> helping and my problem is with the DR as I consider it to be broken.
>
> I want to be able to get a problem I see addressed and fixed. I want to deal
> with this without being constantly accused of random things.
>
> I currently lack such a median and am open to suggestions.
You are pursuing too many controversial and complex issues at the same
time. Some of us are concerned about rogue bots and wonder about hidden
agendas. Some of us who have never over several years become involved in
an Arbcom case wonder about the problem of Arbcom's page management.
Some of us who have not sought scholarships to Wikimania wonder about
your impatience to have that decided by volunteers who have no
obligation to hurry.  We find you as a lone voice in the thick of all
these issues at once and more.  Yes, I can understand that you would
feel besieged!

Learn to pick your fights, and avoid entering them with such a deep
preconception that you are right.

Ec