[WikiEN-l] What to do about our writing quality?

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun May 25 01:29:41 UTC 2008

In a message dated 5/24/2008 4:48:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
abd at lomaxdesign.com writes:

> it seems many editors think so, which is why I'm troubling
> to respond here. The burden of sourcing what is in Wikipedia is on
> *all* of us.>>

------------

This thread, or at least my response to it, isn't about sourcing at all.
It's about what to do with material *which is already sourced*.

The material, already sourced, is *in* the article let's say.
Now you come across it and you say "my that paraphrase, etc is badly writen
English", and you fix it.

Do you, since you are solely and only fixing "badly writen English" have to
be yourself familiar with the underlying source from which it supposedly comes.

That's the question.  I say that's a silly position to take.  We can
certainly fix badly writen English, without needing to be aware of what source, or any
source, from which it comes.

Will Johnson