[WikiEN-l] What to do about our writing quality?

SlimVirgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Fri May 23 18:59:40 UTC 2008

On 5/23/08, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
>  The single factor most affecting how far people read, once you find
>  the page and assuming at least minimally competent writing, is whether
>  there are images on the article.

I agree. We need well-sized, interesting images (not thumbnails), and
I would also say we need interesting cutlines (captions). In
newspapers, cutlines are the second most-read items after the
headlines, because people's eyes naturally gravitate to images.
They're often a neglected feature of our articles.