[WikiEN-l] On "sick as a parrot" and revenge

Gregory Kohs ResearchBiz at gmail.com
Thu May 22 12:59:38 UTC 2008

>>Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:01:29 -0400
>>From: Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com>
>>
>>It seems like there is a pretty strong consensus on this list, WJohnson -
>>its custom and reasonable to expect editors not to use the real names of
>>other editors who request otherwise, and reasonable to demand that editors
>>who refuse to follow that custom agree to do so before they edit further.
>>Nathan

Is there a similar policy that might expect editors not to wish ill
will on outcast editors, or to label their work and their clients'
payments as not ethical?  I've asked the WMF to have these posts
removed, but only received a haughty reply from Mike Godwin, telling
me that because this mailing list is not prescreened by the WMF,
Wikimedia has no need or courtesy to delete the posts:

https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/htdig/wikien-l/2007-November/085890.html

https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/htdig/wikien-l/2007-November/085892.html

I contend that the list *is* prescreened by the WMF, since I've had
messages blocked before by the Press Officer of Wikimedia UK.  I'm not
surprised, though.  It's the typical "revenge platform" mentality for
the WMF and its cronies.

Revenge begets more revenge.

GJK